Want to be a part of this special day but aren’t going to run?
The Hillary could not happen without volunteers – we have more than 120 of them in action over the weekend.
You can volunteer as an individual who just wants to help out. Alternatively you may be part of a group that wants to fundraise. The Hillary is a non-profit event with proceeds going to a trust to support youths in our community to get out into the bush. So in the same way we love to support other community groups by giving them a donation for help on the day.
All volunteers get a racepack bag with a packed lunch and a water bottle as well as heapings of gratitude from us here at race headquarters.
Some of the volunteer roles are:
- marshaling on the course
- helping at aid stations
- helping at Kauri Dieback Disease footwash stations
- assisting at registration the day before race day
- tail-end charlie (all sorted for this year)
- shuttle bus driving (all sorted for this year)
- making lunches for the volunteers (all sorted for this year)
If you are keen to help for any part of the day please email us at email@example.com or message us on our facebook page THE HILLARY